“We received a number of industry honors this quarter due to our amazing agents as they continue to deliver top production numbers, including this quarter’s record transaction and volume levels,” said eXp World Holdings CEO, Chairman and Founder Glenn Sanford. “We are proud to be on this journey together, providing superior technology and agent support. This quarter also marked a pivotal day in the history of eXp Realty as we moved to Nasdaq.”
Second Quarter 2018 Financial Summary
- Revenue increased 235% in the second quarter to a record $130.5 million, compared to $39 million in the second quarter of 2017. This represents sequential growth of 111%, compared to $62 million in the first quarter of 2018.
- Gross margin grew 193% in the second quarter of 2018 to $12.4 million, compared to $4.2 million in the second quarter of 2017.
- Net loss was $1.9 million, or $(0.03) per diluted share in the second quarter of 2018, compared to net loss of $2.1 million, or $(0.04) per diluted share, in the second quarter of 2017.
- Adjusted EBITDA (a non-GAAP financial measure) significantly increased to $3.4 million in the second quarter of 2018, compared to a ($155,000) in the second quarter of 2017.
- Cash flow from operations significantly increased to $8.6 million in the second quarter of 2018, compared to $475,065 in the second quarter of 2017.
Second Quarter 2018 Consolidated Operating and Business Highlights
- Residential transaction sides closed in the second quarter of 2018 was 19,903, an increase of 214%, compared to 6,331 during the second quarter of 2017. This represents 110% sequential growth, compared to 9,473 during the first quarter of 2018.
- Residential transaction volume closed in the second quarter of 2018 was $5.3 billion, an increase of 251%, compared to $1.5 billion during the second quarter of 2017. This represents 128% sequential growth, compared to $2.3 billion during the first quarter of 2018.
- Agent count was 11,856 at the end of the second quarter of 2018, an increase of 203%, compared to 3,913 in the second quarter of 2017. This represents 28% sequential growth, compared to 9,290 at the end of the first quarter of 2018. During the early part of the third quarter, the Company made modifications to internal tracking of agent count. This led to a discrepancy in reporting during the month of June. The discrepancy has been identified and remedied and the Company is on track to end the year with an agent count between 16,000 and 20,000. As of July 31, 2018, the number of eXp Realty agents totaled 12,551.
About eXp World Holdings
eXp World Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXPI) is the holding company for eXp Realty, LLC, the largest residential real estate brokerage by geography in North America. eXp Realty (exprealty.com) is changing the way that agents, brokers and consumers work together in an adaptive, sustainable environment. As the leading, national, cloud-based real estate brokerage, eXp Realty provides 24/7 access to collaborative tools, training and socialization for real estate brokers and agents through its virtual campus environment. It is one of the fastest growing real estate brokerage firms in North America operating in 49 U.S. states, the District of Columbia and three Canadian provinces. As a publicly traded company, eXp World Holdings, Inc. uniquely offers real estate professionals within its ranks opportunities to earn company stock for production and contributions to overall company growth.